Cece says (vol. 10)

Cecilia turned 6 in November, and she still comes out with hilarious one liners and observations on the world!


after I created a list of their morning responsibilities so they could just follow the steps: "oh, so this is like a vacation from you telling us what to do!"

"I'm doing jumpkin jacks!"


using her booklight from Auntie Kris as a music stand light while playing mass


while trying to stump her with spelling words at her request: "I can't spell 'through'. Give me a short word, like 'Cinderella'." 

when I told her to clean up after dinner: "I can't. I'm as tired as a sloth who's been up all night."



"having the tiny Elizabeth is better than getting Kona ice, because after you eat the ice, it's gone!"

talking about ancient history, as in when Jesus was born: "you mean like the 1960s?"


posing with a toy she wants to add to her next birthday list

"what's a discount?" (i explain.) "oh, so is that what elderlys get? like Nana?"

talking about getting a checkup so her doctor can sign forms for her to go to summer camp:
"oh, right! it's to make sure I don't have fleas."



her math skills are unbelievable to me. she was pretending to be the doctor and i was the patient. she checked my temperature and announced it was 199 on one side of my forehead and 199 on the other side. i asked, "so what do i have?" (expecting a diagnosis), and she immediately responded, "398!"

and my ultimate favourite: "Porch-a-potties are gross because you can see people's droppings."


Comments

  1. Oh my gosh, she's hysterical! The vacation comment is gold :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one had me rolling, too. I was like, "Yes, every morning for me will now be just as relaxing as if I were sipping a daiquiri with my toes in the sand!" It's so amazing to me how their little brains work!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh! Kids are hilarious. I love "the elderlys"! And I'm glad she doesn't have fleas. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Technically "elderly" should be synonymous with "senior" but it just struck me so funny! I think she was actually thinking of lice as her older sister recently told her about getting checked for lice at summer camp, but fleas is funnier!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

whine and cheese

hello, little firecracker!

July highlights: baby Victoria, an unexpected diagnosis, Elizabeth at 19 months, & family reunion