i could get used to this

sometimes Italy drives us nuts. see also: buses, the lack of one-stop shopping, and layers of bureaucracy.

then every once in a while, Italy throws us a bone. see also: i just called a family practitioner recommended by my friend here to schedule well visits for the girls. here is the entire conversation:

*ring ring*
Male Voice: "Buongiorno!"
Me: "Buongiorno ... Dr. W.?"
Dr. W.: "Yes! Hello!"
Me: "Hello, my family just moved here to Rome and I need to schedule checkups for my two children."
Dr. W.: "Okay, what are their names?"
(I tell him)
Dr. W.: "And when would you like to come in? Tomorrow?"
Me: " .... "
Me, having recovered my faculties: "That would be wonderful! In the afternoon, if you have time."
Dr. W.: "Of course. Three o'clock? Four o'clock?"
Me: "Three o'clock please."
Dr. W.: "Okay, just bring your papers and vaccination certificates. See you then."

JAW. ON. FLOOR.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

whine and cheese

hello, little firecracker!

July highlights: baby Victoria, an unexpected diagnosis, Elizabeth at 19 months, & family reunion