Cece says (vol. 9)



it's been almost a year (!) since i shared some of Cecilia's musings on life, but i have been steadily documenting them in the Notes app on my phone -- enjoy!

 "I know what windmails do! When the wind blows they spin around, and they mail us the electricity. That's why they're called windmails!" (no one ever better correct her on this.)



before Elizabeth was born, a few times a day she would come up to me, pat my belly, and ask, "Mommy, how's the baby going?"




glancing from the pork on her plate to me and back again: "Are humans made out of meat?"




it's 8:30 AM and we finished eating breakfast an hour ago. Cece, hopefully: "Is it lunchtime?"




one evening i was kissing, hugging and snuggling her in her bed. Cece, looking pleased: "This is like how Jesus loves me!"




and the best of all ...

after watching a kids' show about science, she proudly announced: "Mommy, I know what light is made of! Tiny, tiny little things called croutons!" 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

whine and cheese

hello, little firecracker!

July highlights: baby Victoria, an unexpected diagnosis, Elizabeth at 19 months, & family reunion